EU Careers Student Ambassador 2020/21
Presentació del Programa EU Careers Ambassadors
La Universitat Jaume I, junt a quatre universitats espanyoles més, ha sigut seleccionada per part de la EPSO (European Personnel Selection Office) per tindre un EU Careers Student Ambassador per al curs 2020/21.
L'Oficina Europea de Selecció de Personal (EPSO) gestiona el programa EU CAREERS Ambassadors, destinat a promocionar a les comunitats universitàries les diferents possibilitats d'ocupació en les Institucions Europees.
Amb aquesta iniciativa, EPSO persegueix que l’estudiantat de les universitats europees que resulte seleccionat per participar en aquest programa, assumisca durant un any acadèmic les funcions de representant de l'esmentada Oficina, que es responsabilitzarà de facilitar-li formació prèvia i material de suport.
L'OIPEP organitza una sessió informativa per als/les interessats/des el 27 de febrer, de 10 a 11 hores, a l’aula de matrícula (Edifici ampliació biblioteca, Planta Baixa)
Inscripció gratuïta. Limitada a l'aforament de l’aula.
What does an Ambassador do?
- Act as a point of contact for students interested in EU Careers
- Research target groups and contact university media
- Set up mailing lists and distribute information on EU Careers through the appropriate channels
- Give presentations, attend university careers events and find interesting speakers
- Complete monthly tasks and regularly report back on your activities
- Manage and regularly monitor a dedicated Facebook page / online presence
As part of the experience, you will be able to:
- Find out more about EU Career opportunities and promote them to your fellow students
- Build a fantastic student network across Europe
- Gain work experience during your studies that will give your CV extra weight
- Develop your skills in public speaking, marketing and HR
- Receive a full induction training and coaching throughout the role
- Access to high-ranking EU officials
- A reference letter based on your performance
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for motivated Ambassadors who want to promote the benefits of an EU Career and have the following competences:
- Excellent communication skills
- Networking skills
- Willingness to share and learn
- Ability to adapt
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to deliver quality and results
- Innovative and creative approach
- Available to take part in our compulsory one day training course in September/October 2020 (3rd-4th October 2020, Brussels)
- Enrolled and present at the university Jaume I for the duration of the Ambassador's post (September 2020 - September 2021)
- Candidates must have completed the first cicle of a higher education course obtaining a full degree (3 years minimun/bachelor degree)
- An EU citizen
- Fluent in English and in one of the languages of the country in which you are studying
- Non prior employment within an EU institution or body for more than 6 weeks
- Commit at least two hours per week to your Ambassador role
- Arrange or participate in a minimum of one EU Careers event or presentation
- Communicate on a regular basis with your EU Careers coordinator
- Participate in all training offered (online)
- Keep a log of your activities and report back regularly
Outside of these minimum requirements it is really up to you to decide how much promotion you can fit in alongside your academic studies and how you promote EU Careers to your fellow students. We are looking for Ambassadors who are creative and can come up with innovative ways of promoting EU Careers!
The selected student will have direct contact with the head of the Careers Service at UJI (OIPEP)
You can make an online application between 20 February to 20 March 2020. Please fill in the following form to submit your application.
If you successfully pass the first round, you will be asked to complete an online interview in April 2020. More information on this second phase will be sent to selected applicants via e-mail.
Please note that the list of participating universities has been established in collaboration with national governments. Currently we are unable to support Ambassadors at other universities and generally we do not change this list.
If you have questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at: