Operations management, Business Analytics, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Design, Manufacturing Technology, and Manufacturing Information Systems.
Promoting research on Business Analytics, both at Spanish and European level:
- The project TQM-Tile (1998-2001) about performance management developed in partnership with ESADE and Cranfield business schools (and others industrial partners). This project was nominated the Flag-Ship project of the Spirit-IV EU program. A spin-off company on business intelligence was set-up to help companies to manage their strategy.
- Inbiomed (2005-2007), the national bio-informatics Spanish network. Advanced data mining tools and a collaborative data platform were created to support pathologist research groups. The algorithms developed are helping to better understand the genetics of several types of cancer.
- ITEI (2008-2012), leading the research on software innovation and innovation with software. The project involved almost 100 researches from 25 organizations in three different countries. The body of knowledge generated is used as background to steer the research of the European cluster on Software-Intensive Systems & Services
- Enerficiency (2011-2012), supporting Indra (the largest Spanish IT company) to design the smart grid information system for a large electricity company in Spain.
In addition, more than 20 research projects funded by local manufacturing and service companies.
Design, development and maintenance of SMILE business intelligence application
Helping the Executive Board to define their strategy in leading ceramic companies: Esmalglass group, Keraben, Navarti.
Developing reference processes models for energy management and innovation management implemented with the BPMS software Auraportal for worldwide distribution.
Industrial Engineering: University of Seville 1991
Industrial Engineering PhD: Universitat Jaume I. 1999.
Administrative position: Mechanical Engineering International Coordinator (from 2012)
- PhD Extraordinary award. Universitat Jaume I. 1999
- UJI Social Council Research Award. 2000
- Cranfield University. UK. From 1995 to 2000. Total weeks: 52.
- Cambridge University (UK) 2004. 2 months.
- Tennesse Technological University. USA. 1996. 2months
Company sponsored projects
Project: Simulation based production planning. Company Industrias Ochoa, 2014.
Project: Energy Business Process Management Analytics. Company Auraportal 2010-2014
Project.- Innovation process management. Company Auraportal 2010-2014
Project.- Spray-dried and Granular Powders production line preventive maintenance assessment. Colorobia. 2014
Project.- Ceramic tile kiln preventive maintenance by quality control. Keraben. 2014
Project: Business Intelligence software design and development. Company E&D 2010-2014
Project: Enerfrit. Designing new advanced composites for the heat Exchange in the ceramic glass industry. Company: Proying From 2010 to 2011
Project: Open-PV. Comunications from solar PV plants based on standards specifications. Company Heliotec. From 2011 to 2012.
Project: Enerficiencia. Energy management platform development. IMPIVA. 2009-2011.
Project.- Data mining to analyze genetic experiments in cancer research. Pathology Department. Valencia University Medical school.
Project.- Epidemiological data mining in bladder cancer research. Hospital del Mar. Barcelona.
Project: Desloc. Process management in international manufacturing networks Company Keraben. From 2006 to 2010
Project: Technical assistance to implement the Balanced Scorecard in la Fe and Sagunto Hospitals Company: Estrategia y Dirección. From 2005 to 2006
Project: Process Analysis for SAP implementation. Company: UBE . From 2003 to 2004
Project: Balanced Scorecard and Manufacturing Management System. Company: Porcelanatto From 2002 to 2004
Project.- Manufacturing process intelligent monitoring and diagnosis. Porcelanatto. 2004.
Project: Reference models for the ERPs in the ceramic tile sector. Company: Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturers Association ASCER. From 2002 to 2003
Project: Furniture Production scheduling system. Company: Carmalasa. From 2001 to 2002
Project: Balanced Scorecard implementation. Company Navarti Ceramics. From 2000 to 2001
Project. Customer risk monitoring and control. Navarti Ceramics. 2002
Project. Service process management control. Navarti Ceramics 2003
Project: Balanced Scorecard implementation: Company Itaca (Esmalglass). From 2000 to 2001.
Project. Queue network model to support capacity planning in a ceramic stain manufacturer. Itaca, 2002.
Project: Statisitical Process Control in a ceramic tile production line implementation. Company Keraben. From 1998 to 2000
Project: Manufacturing Simulation and for production planning optimization. Keraben. From 1995 to 1998
Director/a de Càtedra
(Escola Superior de Tecnologia i Ciències Experimentals)
Grups d'investigació i Instituts
Grups d'innovació educativa